This policy applies to all Staff who manage, develop, program, provide content for, and otherwise maintain the DoubleDome’s web site.
The web site must comply with DoubleDome’s Web Site Policy. Design of web sites must comply with DoubleDome’s standards. Any DoubleDome web site designed by any person or vendor other than DoubleDome’s IT Department must be submitted to the Marketing Department for review and approval.
- To customize the content regarding DoubleDome’s products and services.
- As new services are provided.
- To meet regulatory compliance and best practice requirements.
- To provide additional transparency on personal information collected, stored, and protected.
- Personal information that may be collected.
- Access to your personal information.
- How your information may be used, including, with whom, if anyone, it might be shared.
- Choices you have regarding the use of your personal information.
- How we safeguard your information.
- How you can access and, if necessary, change your personal information.
Personal Information Collected
Information is requested when you request or register to receive more information, subscribe to email newsletters, sign up for an event or training, or order services. Contact information collected is generally limited to your name, organization name (if applies), address, phone number, and email address.
DoubleDome may request and/or collect additional information from you on a voluntary basis when you.
- Request information on or purchase our products or services.
- Participate in promotions or events.
- Send questions or comments via email to DoubleDome.
When you send email to us, we are not attempting to collect any personal information about you. We will only use information contained in your email to respond to your specific inquiry or comments in the email. Since email is a form of business communication, we may retain your information for a period of time and archive such information per DoubleDome’s retention requirements.
This site collects information about pages visited within the site. We may use this information to accurately count visitors across our web sites and understand how they navigate and use our network of web sites. DoubleDome may combine web site traffic information with your personal information to better understand how people use our sites and how we can improve them.
DoubleDome does not:
- Share your information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Knowingly collect personal information on European Union (EU) residents.
- Collect, transmit, or store, personal information such as medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, or trade union membership.
How Personal Data is Used
DoubleDome collects, stores, and processes information provided to us. We may use the information you submit to us to send you information on our products, services, and promotional materials. Specifically, we use your contact information for the following purposes:
- Respond to your specific inquiry or comments.
- Deliver services, including marketing communications, related to your request or use of our products and services.
- Alert you to special offers, updated information, new services, and related information from DoubleDome that we believe can benefit you.
- Allow you access to limited-entry areas of our site as appropriate, such as membership or online course portals.
- Other forms of business correspondence.
Purchases made via the web site may capture your name, address, phone number, email address, and payment information type (e.g. credit/debit card, PayPal, etc.). DoubleDome uses a third party merchant for payment transactions, and does not hold payment information in our databases.
We may use your information so we can improve the products and services we provide to better meet your needs. The demographic information (e.g., location, type of organization, services requested, etc.) you provide us is collected by DoubleDome and is not disclosed to third parties. This demographic information cannot be used to personally identify you. We may merge site-visitation data with anonymous demographic information for research purposes, and we may use this information in aggregate to provide more relevant content.
DoubleDome reserves the right to use “cookies” to enhance your experience at our web site. Cookies are pieces of information that we place on your computer to help us accurately understand how many visitors are viewing a particular site, how often they visit that site, and the content viewed. DoubleDome reserves the right to collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to third party marketing firms, to audit the use of our web sites, and protect the sites from well-known hacking locations. When visitors request pages on our web site, our servers may log the visitor’s IP address.
Information passively collected by DoubleDome includes log files that record web site activity that gathers statistics about web user browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help DoubleDome determine, among other things, how many and how often users visit our web site, the pages visited, and other similar data. We also use the log file entries for internal marketing and demographic studies to constantly improve our online services.
Sharing of Information
DoubleDome may share your personal information with outside entities hired to assist with DoubleDome’s internal support operations (e.g. cloud service providers, packaging and mailing services, event registration, etc.). We only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
DoubleDome does not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose information collected from and about its web site visitors to third parties. However, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar event, your personal information may be transferred to DoubleDome’s successor or assign, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law.
DoubleDome may disclose your contact information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law including disclosure of information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, national security or law enforcement requests, or comply with legal process served on DoubleDome.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of DoubleDome and its web site.
- Investigations of fraud, intellectual property right infringements, or other activity that is illegal.
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of DoubleDome employees, users of DoubleDome products or services, or members of the public.
DoubleDome only collects information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes. In addition, we take appropriate steps to ensure the security and integrity of any information you provide to us.
Any information provided to us is stored in an access-controlled facility. Your information is protected from electronic threats by the use of firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-virus, anti-spyware, passwords, and related security mechanisms.
Update and Removal of Information
If you receive an email and want to opt-out, simply reply back to the email requesting your address be removed from future communications or click the unsubscribe link.
You may at any time review, correct, amend, or delete the contact information we have for you. Simply contact us at [email protected] to change, update, or have us remove your information. If your request is sent via email, please include in your message the service or communication you received from us.
DoubleDome has developed this web site to be an enjoyable experience for visitors of all ages. DoubleDome recognizes that some younger children may not understand some of the information contained on the web site or how the web site operates.
Most areas of this site are available to the general public, including those under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should seek parent or guardian’s consent before they provide any personal information to us.
Inquiries, Comments, or Complaints
Please submit any questions, comments, inquiries, or complaints to DoubleDome using the Contact Us page on our web site.
Any Staff found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
This policy is to be distributed to all Staff responsible for managing and developing the DoubleDome web site.