Running a search engine optimization campaign for all the major search engines is key to ranking well for your focused keyword phrases. When managing one of these campaigns, significant focus should be placed on Google since it currently controls the lion’s share of search traffic in the United States and beyond. Here are 9 design and content guidelines to help the SEO for your website.
- Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
- Offer a site map to your users with links that point to the important parts of your site. If the site map is larger than 100 or so links, you may want to break the site map into separate pages.
- Create a useful, information-rich site, and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content.
- Think about the words users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your site actually includes those words within it.
- Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links. The Google crawler doesn’t recognize text contained in images.
- Make sure that your TITLE tags and ALT attributes are descriptive and accurate.
- Check for broken links and correct HTML.
- If you decide to use dynamic pages (i.e., the URL contains a “?” character), be aware that not every search engine spider crawls dynamic pages as well as static pages. It helps to keep the parameters short and the number of them few.
- Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100).
DoubleDome Web Technologies is an Atlanta web design company that provides a full range of Internet Marketing services including Web Design, E-commerce Development, Mobile Web Design, Flash Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Email Marketing, Website Support, and Web Hosting. DoubleDome is a single point-of-contact for all Internet marketing services for corporate websites, Ad Agency Outsourcing, Business web design and retail e-commerce across the country. For more information about DoubleDome, please visit their website: www.doubledome.com.